Interview Date: 11/02/2020 [IFoS]
Board: Manoj Soni Sir
Background: Mechanical Engg. from IIT Bombay
Home state: Kerala
hobbies: Watching American satirical shows, listening to opera music, following
football, online chess
- You have had a long wait, (I was 5th in the session) would you like some tea? What were you during the waiting time?
- What did you read in the newspaper? What caught your attention?
- You like watching American Satirical shows, which shows do you watch?
- Is ‘Friends’ satire?
- Why is IIT Mumbai, still named Bombay?
- How do forests help in improving the quality of water?
- You have good forest cover in your state. Is it the highest?
- What is an ecosystem?
- If I write with my pen, biotic and abiotic factors are interacting, is it an ecosystem?
- What happens in an ecosystem?
- What are the ecosystem services in agricultural land?
- .What are the dominant crops in Kerala?
- What do you know about silent valley?
- What are the different types of forests in Kerala?
- Where else do you see Tropical evergreen forests?
- Place of Birth Thrissur, why is the festival famous?
- What about the environmental impact of firecrackers?
- What is CRZ?
- Have the restrictions been eased? Why do you think so?
- What happened in the Kerala floods?
- Kerala is a high literacy, tech-savvy state. Why does mining, deforestation, quarrying take place? Is it a governance deficit?
- Can’t we use technology to stop this quarrying? How can we do so?
- What are the concerns with respect to Mullaperiyar Dam?
- Where do you find the best forests in India?
- I say climate change is a hoax. What do you think?
- Don’t you think it’s a natural process?
- What changes have you observed with regard to climate change?
- What is your analysis of the Kerala floods? Don’t you think dam mismanagement is the main cause?
- Recently a few buildings were demolished in Kerala. What is your opinion?
- What is your opinion about the parading of elephants in Thrissur Pooram?
Chairman: Thank you, all the best.
Source: Forum IAS