UPSC CSE Mains 2018 GS 1 Question Paper [HINDI and ENGLISH] [Held on 29 September]
GS – 1
First 10 – 10 Marks (150 Words) || Next 10 – 10 Marks (250 Words)
1. Safeguarding the Indian art heritage is the need of the moment. Discuss.
2. Assess the importance of the accounts of the Chinese and Arab travelers in the reconstruction of the history of India.
3. Throw light on the significance of the thoughts of Mahatama Gandhi in the present times
4. Why is Indian regional Navigational Satellite System (IRNSS) needed. How does it help in navigation?
5. Why is India taking keen interest in resources of Arctic Region?
6. Define mantle Plume and explain its role in plate tectonics.
7. What are the consequences of spreading of ‘Dead Zones’ on marine ecosystem?
8. Caste system is assuming new identities and associational forms hence caste system cannot be eradicated in India. Comment.
9. Despite implementation of various programs for eradication of poverty by the government in India poverty is still existing. Explain by giving reasons.
10. How the Indian concept of secularism is different from the Western model of secularism. Discuss.
11. The Bhakti movement received A Remarkable reorientation with the advent of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Discuss.
12. Discuss with the formation of new states in recent times is beneficial or not for the economy of India.
13. Why indentured labour was taken by the British from India to other colonies. Have they been able to preserve the cultural identity over there?
14. Ideal solution of depleting groundwater resources in India is water harvesting system. How can it be made effective in urban areas.
15. Defining Blue revolution, explain problems and strategies for pisciculture development In India.
16. What is the significance of Industrial Corridors in India? Identifying industrial corridors, explain their main characteristics.
17. Mention core strategies for the transformation of aspirational districts in India and explain the nature of convergence, collaboration, and competition for its success.
18. ‘Women’s movement in India has not addressed the issues of women of lower social strata. Substantiate your view’.
19. ‘Globalization is generally said to promote cultural homogenization but due to this cultural specificities appear to be strengthened in the Indian Society’. Elucidate.
20. ‘Communalism arises either due to poverty struggle or relative deprivation’. Argue by giving suitable illustrations.
If You want to share Your Study Material with Other send me [email protected]