Date of interview: 08.04.2022, Afternoon
Board: Smita Nagraj
Background: IIT Kharagpur
Employee: (if any)- workex as Model Risk Analyst at an investment bank
Hobbies: Chess, watching socially relevant movies
Your experience in interview- very cordial board, some interesting questions, some easy questions, very thoughtful IR questions.
- You have worked at Model Risk Analyst, how will that knowledge be useful for public administration?
- Suppose I ask you to build a model to predict Russia Ukraine war. What will be the outcome of your model? (2-3 follow ups on this)
- Do you know about game theory?
- How can game theory be applied to look at Russia Ukraine crisis?
- Why there is so much negative publicity for Russia right now but when western nations were involved in human rights violations in West Asia, there wasn’t any hue n cry? (I mentioned psychological warfare in my answer)
- Can you recall from your surroundings any instance of psychological warfare?
- What are implications of social media on an individual, on national level and on international level?
- Should social media be regulated?
- What are the current provisions in India for regulation of social media?
- There are some subjects in union, state and concurrent lists. Some states want a few subjects to be included in state list and vice versa. ( I said i can recall vice versa that water should be added to concurrent list)
- Why water should be moved to concurrent list?
- Tell me few provisions of Dam Safety Act.
- What is interlinking of rivers and it’s pros n cons?
- What is the reason for establishing IITs/IIMs in each state?
- Don’t you have IIT/IIM brand is degrading because of it?
- What are socially relevant movies? Aren’t all movies socially relevant?
- (*Chairperson mam) So you only watch such kind of movies? What last movie did you watch?
- Some question on LIC, which i can’t recall. (Not related to IPO though)
- There is so much hue n cry over Russia in Ukraine, a European country. If Russia would have invaded any nation in West Asia, there wouldn’t have been such hue n cry. What is your take on this?
- Yesterday, Russia was removed from Human Rights council. Told me India’s stand on it. What is your opinion on India’s stand?
Thank you. Your interview is over
Source: Forum IAS